iCAN Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information. For any questions or concerns relating to this Privacy Notice or our data protection practices, or to make a subject access request, please contact us at:
iCAN, MRA 28A, Industrial Estate, Marsa MRS 3000
Information we collect and from whom
We will receive personal information about you, when you or your broker or an agent of ours contacts us for example by requesting or obtaining a quote, purchasing a product from us or from one of our partners or using our website. The information could include:
Identification details – Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies, including your ID number, tax identification number, and others.
Policy information- Information about the quotes you receive.
Individual details – Name, address (including proof of address. Other contact details (e.g. email and telephone numbers) gender, marital status, date and place of birth, nationality, employer, job title, employment history and family details, including their relationship to you.
Financial Information – Bank account or payment details, income or other financial information.
We will collect personal information about you or your company or the company you represent from you directly.
How and why we use this information
We will process any personal data lawfully under one or more of the following bases:
- Performance of a Contract: the processing is necessary for the contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Consent: where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. We can seek your consent within written or electronic documents or verbally.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests pursued by us. In such cases our legitimate interests are as follows:
- To add value to your product offering by offering you other general event products and services
- To provide excellent service to our customers by ensuring they are fully informed about our products and services
- To engage in activities to improve and adapt the range of products and services we offer and to help our business grow
We will use personal information about you primarily in connection with the provision of event products and services, namely:
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Processing transactions;
- Marketing and client profiling;
- Research and statistical analysis;
- Building databases for use by us; and
- Where we believe it is necessary to meet event requirements;
We may monitor calls, emails, text messages and other communications with you. When you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence and any information provided to us during that or any subsequent communication.
Retention of your personal data
We will keep your personal data only for so long as is necessary and for the purpose for which it was originally collected. In particular, for so long as there is a possibility that either you or we may wish to make communication related to any future events.
How we share this information
In using personal data for the above purposes, we will disclose personal data to third parties including other service providers. Third parties to whom we disclose personal data are required by law and contractual undertakings to keep personal data confidential and secure, and to use and disclose it for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances, in compliance with all applicable legislation.
Your rights and contact details
If you have any questions or complaints in relation to our use of your personal data, please contact iCAN (email@example.com).
Under certain conditions, you have the right to require us to:
- provide you with further details on the use we make of your personal data;
- restrict how we use your personal data;
- update any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold; and
- provide you with a copy of the personal data that you have provided to us.